How to Save Money on Your Medications
- Save on Drug Costs: Getting Started
- Medicare Part D
- Health Insurance and Your Medications
- Generic Drugs
- Buying Medications Safely Online
- Buying Medications in Foreign Countries
- Splitting Pills to Save Money
- FAQs About the Cost of Drugs
Save on Drug Costs: Getting Started
If you are not sure how to lower your drug costs, these recommendations can get you started. If you have drug insurance, learn how to cope with your health plan's formulary. And, if you do not have any drug coverage, learn where you can buy your medications for less money.
- Ten Ways to Save Money on Your Drugs
- Eight More Ways to Save Money on Your Drugs
- Go Online for Information About Low Cost Drugs
- Low Cost Medications from the Government
Medicare Part D
Medicare Part D is the voluntary prescription drug plan for people age 65 and older or who have certain disabilities. Learn about Medicare Part D, including how to choose a drug plan and how to deal with the dreaded coverage gap.
- How to Enroll in a Medicare Part D Drug Plan
- Understanding the Medicare Part D Donut Hole
- How to Lower Your Drug Costs in the Donut Hole
Health Insurance and Your Medications
Many health insurance plans include coverage for prescription medications. Understanding your health plan’s formulary and your drug benefits will help you make choices that can save you money.
Generic drugs can save you up to 80% on the cost of a prescription when compared with the brand name drug. Generic drugs are readily available to treat many common health conditions. About 50% of all prescriptions in the U.S. are filled with generic drugs.
- Save Money with Generic Drugs
- Are Generic Drugs Safe and Effective?
- Calculate Your Generic Drug Savings
Buying Medications Safely Online
Online pharmacies can provide you with an easy and private way to buy prescription and over-the-counter medications, often at a more affordable price. Learn how to recognize a reliable online pharmacy and ways to protect your information and avoid getting conterfeit drugs.
- Buying Drugs Online - Benefits and Risks
- How to Find an Online Pharmacy You Can Trust
- Counterfeit Drugs - How to Avoid Buying a Fake Drug Online
Buying Medications in Foreign Countries
Many Americans save money when they buy their medications from foreign pharmacies by crossing the border into Canada and Mexico, or when they travel to another foreign country. However, you need to be aware of regulations when you come back into the U.S. and how to safely carry your medications while traveling.
Splitting Pills to Save Money
Splitting pills has become a popular way for people to save money on some prescription medications. Learn how to split pills safely and what types of pills cannot be split.
FAQs About the Cost of Drugs
Dr. Mike provides advice on how to save money on your prescription medications, from splitting your pills to managing your health benefits to buying medications online and in foreign countries.
- Generic Drugs: Can I Save at Walmart and Other Big-Box Stores?
- Why Are Medications Cheaper in Canada?
- What Is a Drug Formulary?
- Where Can I Get Help When Choosing a Medicare Part D Drug Plan?