If you have arthritis and need relief from pain, here are 5 questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- Given the amount of pain I have, what pain medication is the appropriate for me to take?
- How long will it take for me to see improvement in my arthritis pain?
- Will this pain medication interact with food or other medications I am taking?
- Does this painkiller have any side effects that i should know about?
- What should I do if my arthritis pain flare-ups while i am taking this medication?
You should also ask your doctor about other things that you can do besides taking a painkiller that could help relieve your symptoms.
More Information About Arthritis
- Arthritis Drugs: What Are My Options?
- The Facts of Analgesics (Painkillers)
- Osteoarthritis: An In-Depth Report